The US Ready to Retaliate after Attacking Saudi oil plant

0 633

In an attack in Saudi Arabia, Yemeni Houthi rebels have damaged important oil installations. The US is ready for a military response.

In the words of President Donald Trump, the US is prepared to retaliate for the drone strikes on the Saudi oil facility Abkaik and the Churais oil field. There is “explanation to believe that we know who the author is,” wrote Trump on Twitter. The United States stood gun on foot, but still waiting for confirmation and information from the kingdom on the cause of the attacks – and “under what conditions we should proceed”. All options – including a military response – were on the table, a government official said.

The US government blamed Iran for attacking the largest oil refinery in Saudi Arabia. Mike Pompeo US ready to retaliate after attacking Saudi oil plant

In an attack in Saudi Arabia, Yemeni Houthi rebels have damaged important oil installations. The US is ready for a military response.

In the words of President Donald Trump, the US is prepared to retaliate for the drone strikes on the Saudi oil facility Abkaik and the Churais oil field. There is “explanation to believe that we know who the author is,” wrote Trump on Twitter. The United States stood gun on foot, but still waiting for confirmation and information from the kingdom on the cause of the attacks – and “under what conditions we should proceed”. All options – including a military response – were on the table, a government official said.

The US government blamed Iran for attacking the largest oil refinery in Saudi Arabia. Mike Pompeo Secretary of State wrote on Twitter: “In the midst of calls for de-escalation, Iran has now launched an unprecedented attack on world energy supply, with no evidence that the attacks came from Yemen.” Meanwhile, Iran had rejected the allegations. “Because the US policy of maximum pressure on Iran has failed, the Americans have now switched to the maximum lies,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi.

On Sunday, however, the US government had publicized satellite images showing at least 19 impact points on two Saudi oil installations. The footage showed strikes that corresponded to an attack from the direction of Iran or Iraq, but not Yemen, government officials said. Additional equipment that did not seem to have achieved its objectives had been secured and was being investigated by Saudi and American intelligence agencies. The possibility that the drones could have fired from Yemen and then made a dangling sound did not exclude the informants.

The Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen were already aware of the attack with ten drones, and further attacks were announced. “We promise the Saudi regime that our next operation will be bigger and more painful,” said Hothis military spokesman Jahia Saria. Saudi Arabia has been leading a military operation against insurgents in the neighbouring country for years. wrote on Twitter: “In the midst of calls for de-escalation, Iran has now launched an unprecedented attack on world energy supply, with no evidence that the attacks came from Yemen.” Meanwhile, Iran had rejected the allegations. “Because the US policy of maximum pressure on Iran has failed, the Americans have now switched to the maximum lies,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi.

On Sunday, however, the US government had publicized satellite images showing at least 19 impact points on two Saudi oil installations. The footage showed strikes that corresponded to an attack from the direction of Iran or Iraq, but not Yemen, government officials said. Additional equipment that did not seem to have achieved its objectives had been secured and was being investigated by Saudi and American intelligence agencies. The possibility that the drones could have fired from Yemen and then made a dangling sound did not exclude the informants.

The Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen were already aware of the attack with ten drones, and further attacks were announced. “We promise the Saudi regime that our next operation will be bigger and more painful,” said Hothis military spokesman Jahia Saria. Saudi Arabia has been leading a military operation against insurgents in the neighbouring country for years.

Leave A Reply